- Human embryonic stem cell (hESC) research is not wrong, since hESCs are not human beings.
- Creation of new hESC lines inevitably results in the destruction of a human person at the blastocyst stage of development.
- Adult stem cell research is ethically justifiable.
- There are currently zero hESC-based treatments or cures; there are over 70 based on adult stem cells (partial bibliography).
- Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) are making the creation of new hESC lines obsolete.
- iPSCs possess the pluripotent characteristics of embryonic stem cells; but are obtained by taking a somatic cell from a patient and adding a cocktail of transcription factors to induce an embryonic-like pluripotent state.
Want more details? Read up on stem cells: